A-OK Sloppy Joes #A1
- 1 14 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 14 lbs ground sirloin beef
- 1 14 lbs ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 14 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium bell pepper, seeded and chopped (red or green)
- 1 12 tablespoons A.1. Original Sauce
- 1 tablespoon aged Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 -3 fresh garden tomatoes, sliced and lightly salted
- 8 hamburger buns
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add oil and meats to the pan.
- Break meat up in pan.
- Add brown sugar to the pan and combine.
- When the meat has browned, add onion, garlic and bell peppers, and pineapple to the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium and add the A1 and Worcestershire sauce with meat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and paste to pan.
- Stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to simmer and cook Sloppy Joe mixture 7-11 minutes longer.
- Scoop sloppy meat onto good-quality bakery hambuger buns lightly buttered and toasted, top with sliced fresh garden tomatoes seasoned with salt and serve with sliced dill pickles and classic potato chips, enjoy!