Almond Cookie Wreaths
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 each eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/2 cups flour, all-purpose
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon food coloring green
- 1 x candied cherries red
- Mix sugar, margarine, milk, egg, vanilla and almond extract.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt.
- Divide dough into halves.
- Tint 1/2 with food color.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours.
- For each wreath, shape 1 teaspoon dough from each half into 4 inch rope.
- For smooth, even ropes, roll back and forth on sugared surface.
- Place 1 green and 1 white rope side by side; press together lightly and twist.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Shape each into circle with ends meeting; press bits of candied cherries on wreath for holly berries.
- Heat oven to 375F (190C).
- Bake until set and very light brown, 9 to 12 min.
- About 4 1/2 dozen cookies.