Apple Crisp with Dried Cranberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 medium Northern Spy or Granny Smith applespeeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour with the cinnamon.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender or your fingers until the mixture resembles a coarse meal.
- Stir in the oats, brown and granulated sugars and salt.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with the sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the dried cranberries, apple juice and melted butter and toss again.
- Spread the filling in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples.
- Bake in the upper third of the oven for about 55 minutes, until the topping is golden brown and the filling is bubbling.
- Let the crisp cool slightly and serve.