Apricot Creme Tart Recipe
- 8 x Leaves phyllo
- 1 c. Dry apricots
- 1/2 c. Honey
- 2 c. Water
- 1/2 tsp Agar-agar pwdr
- 8 ounce Tofu
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon juice
- 16 ounce Can apricot halves
- 1/4 c. Apricot jam
- 1 ounce Melted chocolate, optional
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray a 9" pie tin with non-stick spray.
- Place in a leaf of phyllo pastry & spray it.
- Fold edges inwards so they do not extend beyond the rim of the pan Repeat the procedure until the pan is covered.
- Bake for 15 to 20 min until crispy brown.
- Place dry apricots, honey & water in a saucepan & simmer gently until apricots are soft & liquid is a heavy syrup.
- Dissolve agar-agar pwdr in 2 tb water & add in to mix, simmering for a couple of min.
- Transfer to a processor.
- Add in tofu, vanilla & lemon juice & process until smooth.
- Pour into the crust.
- Drain canned apricot halves & arrange on the pie.
- Heat jam & brush on top of tart.
- If you like, heat chocolate & drizzle over the top in a zig zag fashion.
- Refrigerate1 hour at least before serving.