Apple Coffeecake Muffins Recipe
- 1 sm unpeeled apple cored, and finely minced
- 1/4 c. minced walnuts
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 1/2 c. 100% bran cereal
- 1 1/2 c. lowfat milk
- 1 x egg
- 1/2 c. brown sugar - (packed)
- 1/3 c. vegetable oil
- 2 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking pwdr
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease large muffin tins or possibly line with paper baking c..
- Combine all filling ingredients, set aside.
- Combine cereal and lowfat milk, let stand for 5 min.
- Stir in egg, brown sugar and oil.
- Mix remaining ingredients in large bowl.
- Stir cereal mix into dry ingredients, stirring just till moistened.
- Spoon half of batter into muffin c.. Top each with 1 Tbsp.
- apple filling, pressing gently into batter.
- Spoon remaining batter on top.
- Bake for about 20 min or possibly till hard to the touch.
- Cold in pans 5 min; remove muffins and cold on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container.
- This recipe yields 12 muffins.