Apple Pancake Puff Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp margarine, reduced . calorie tub style
- 3 sm McIntosh or possibly Granny Smith . apples, cored & cut into . 1/4" thick slices
- 2 Tbsp. Raisins
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Orange juice
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 lrg Large eggs
- 1/2 c. Skim lowfat milk
- 1/4 c. + 2 Tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract Confectioner's sugar for . garnish (optional)
- In heavy medium ovenproof skil]et, heat 2 tsp.
- of the margarine.
- Add in apples, raisins, 1 Tbsp.
- sugar, the orange juice and cinnamon.
- Cook, stirring frequently, 6-8 min, till apples are just tender.
- Remove apples to bowl.
- Preheat oven to 425 F. In small bowl, with electric mixer, beat Large eggs till foamy.
- Gradually add in lowfat milk, flour, the remaining 2 Tbsp.
- sugar and the vanilla; beat 2 min longer, till batter is smooth.
- Add in remaining 2 tsp.
- margarine to same skillet.
- Place in oven to heat, about 1 minute.
- Pour batter into skillet; bake 10 min.
- Remove from oven and spoon apple mix into center of pancake.
- Return to oven and bake 12 to 15 min longer, till puffed and golden brown.
- To serve, dust with confectioners sugar, if using, and cut into quarters.