Apple Peanut Fudge Bars
- 34 cup butter, softened
- 13 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 12 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 12 cup chopped peanuts
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 1 (170 g) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (300 ml) caneagle brand sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- Preheat oven to 350F Line a 9x13-inch baking dish with parchment, overlaping the two longer sides for easy removal.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and icing sugar until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Stir in flour, oats and peanuts until crumbly,.
- Reserving 1 cup of oat mixture, press remainder onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Top with apples,.
- Melt chips with sweetened condensed milk in a heavy saucepan on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixtre evenly over apples.
- Crumble remaining oat mixture over top.
- Bake in preheated oven 35-40 minutes or until golden.
- Chill thoroughly in refrigerator.
- Cut into bars.
- Store in refrigerator.
- TIPS: Use a firm apple such as Royal Gala, Golden Delicious, Pink Lady or Fuji.