Acorn Squash Stuffed With Bulgur
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 13 cup orange juice
- 13 cup golden raisins
- 3 tablespoon chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 acorn squashes (about 2 pounds)
- Place bulgur in a bowl.
- Warm orange juice and pour over bulgur.
- Allow to soak until bulgur has softend, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine softened bulgur with raisins, walnuts and three tablespoons of the melted butter.
- Season to taste with a little salt.
- Cut squashes in half and remove the seeds.
- Brush cut sides with melted butter.
- Fill cavities of the squash with bulgur and raisin mixture and cover with foil.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until squash is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes longer.