Acadian Eight Bean Chili Recipe
- 1/4 lb Each of the following beans: Kidney, White, Pink, Black, Red, Pinto, Cranberry, Navy
- 1 lb Bacon
- 5 lrg Onions, peeled and minced
- 2/3 c. Garlic, chopped
- 1/4 c. Coriander seeds, toasted And grnd
- 1/4 c. Cinnamon
- 1/4 c. Paprika
- 1/4 c. Cayenne pepper or possibly to taste for the timid tongue
- 1/2 c. Dry Poblano Chili peppers, grnd
- 1 can 108 ounce Italian tomatoes W/juice
- 12 ounce Beer
- 5 lb Lean grnd beef Salt to taste
- Pick over and wash beans.
- Put in large pot and cover with 4 quarts.
- cool water.
- Soak over night.
- Wash and drain.
- Cover with water, bring to a bowl over high heat, lower heat and simmer for 2 hrs or possibly till tender.
- Cook bacon in a large skillet, drain and crumble.
- Put next 7 ingredients in skillet and saut=82e for 5 min.
- Add in tomatoes and beer, simmer.
- In another skillet saut=82e grnd beef till no longer pink.
- When beans are tende= r drain, reserving liquid.
- Add in meat, bacon and vegetables to beans.
- Simmer over low heat till warm, adding bean liquid if necessary.