Amy's Stuffed Shells
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeeze dry
- 1 (24 -26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 34 cup KRAFT Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 2 cups pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) box jumbo pasta shells, cooked and cooled
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- In a large cook beef and onion until beef is crumbly and no longer pink.
- Add garlic and cook another 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Drain any grease and season beef with salt and pepper.
- Let beef cool a bit.
- In a large mixing bowl stir together ricotta cheese, egg, garlic salt, parsley, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Stir in beef mixture and spinach.
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch pan with cooking spay.
- Spoon a little marinara sauce in the bottom of the pan.
- Stuff shells with beef and cheese mixture.
- Place shells in the pan.
- Top with remaining sauce and first mozzarella, then the other 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning on top.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake another 10 to 12 minutes until bubbly.
- Great with garlic bread and a tossed salad.