Apple Pie Winner
- 12 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca
- 1 cup sugar
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon nutmeg
- 14 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 5 cups thinly slliced apples
- 2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
- pastry for double-crust pie
- In large mixing bowl, combine cream, tapioca, sugar, spices and lemon juice.
- Add sliced apples to mixture in bowl; toss lightly to evenly coat slices.
- Roll out pastry.
- Line pie pan.
- Spoon half the apples into crust; fill around edges and pack well.
- Dot with butter and add remaining apples.
- Add top crust and flute adges.
- Brush top lightly with milk.
- Score the top.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until apples are tender.