Carol'S Coconut-Pecan Ice Cream Pie
- 1 c. vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/2 c. shredded coconut
- 1/4 c. butter, melted
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 pt. vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 c. pecan halves, broken
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- In a 9-inch pie pan, mix first 4 ingredients.
- With back of spoon, press mixture to bottom and sides of pan.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 10 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix ice cream and pecans.
- Smooth into crust.
- Cover and freeze until firm for at least 4 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, preheat oven to 500°.