Apple & Cheese Caprese
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored, cut in half, cut into 8 (1/4-inch) slices
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices Land O Lakes Deli American, cut into quarters diagonally
- 1 Honeycrisp apple, cored, cut in half, cut into 8 (1/4-inch) slices*
- Combine chives, cider vinegar, water, mustard and honey in bowl.
- Beat vigorously with whisk while slowly adding olive oil.
- Continue beating until well mixed.
- Set aside.
- Top 1 slice Granny Smith apple with 1 piece cheese, 1 slice Honeycrisp apple and 1 piece cheese.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Drizzle with vinaigrette.
- *Substitute your favorite red-skinned apple.