Asian Noodles With Millennium Ponzu Sauce Recipe
- 3/4 lb dry soba or possibly udon noodles
- 2 x cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil, (optional)
- 6 ounce shiitake mushrooms, sliced thin
- 1 head broccoli, sliced into small florets
- 1 x red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 4 ounce smoked tofu, sliced into thin strips
- 3 c. Ponzu Sauce, (recipe follows)
- 3 tsp toasted sesame oil, (optional)
- 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Arame Sea Vegetable Salad, (recipe follows)
- 1 Tbsp. chiffonade of fresh basil and mint (optional)
- Cook the pasta in salted water till al dente, 5 to 7 min.
- Drain and cold the pasta (if not using immediately).
- In a large saute/fry pan or possibly preferably a wok, saute/fry the garlic in the oil for 30 seconds.
- Add in the shiitakes, broccoli, bell pepper, and tofu.
- Saute/fry an additional 2 to 3 min.
- Add in the ponzu and bring to a boil.
- Either add in the pasta and heat through or possibly toss the pasta with ponzu and vegetables in a large mixing bowl.
- Toss with the sesame oil and divide among 6 serving bowls.
- Top with the sesame seeds, arame salad, and basil-mint chiffonade.