American-Oriental Chicken Soup
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 slice ginger
- 2 bunch scallions, spring or green onions sliced
- 2 each celery stalks sliced
- 2 cups chicken cooked
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 can water chestnuts
- PUT THE CHICKEN STOCK in a soup pot and set over high heat.
- Add the ginger, green onions and celery.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken, soy sauce and hoisin sauce and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper.
- Serve hot.
- May be made ahead a day.