Amazing Vegetarian Corn Chowder
- 2 medium onions
- 2 each onions peeled, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 4 cups corn cooked or raw
- 3 cups stock vegetable
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon mace
- 4 cups cream
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary leaves fresh, chopped
- COMBINE ONIONS AND BUTTER in a 2-quart pot over medium heat on the stove.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, another 8-to-10 minutes.
- Add the broth, salt, mace and pepper.
- Cover, increase heat to high and cook for 20 minutes.
- Place soup in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Replace the soup in a pot on the stove over medium heat and add rosemary leaves, milk and cream.
- Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes.
- Serve piping hot.