- 12 cup flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 14 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dates, pitted and cut in eighths (raisins or other dried fruit can be used) (optional)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 2 eggs
- 12 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together and set aside.
- Add the dates, if using, the chocolate, and the lemon rind.
- Combine eggs and sugar and beat till thick.
- Fold into mixture.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on well-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 F for 12 to 15 minutes.