AMIEs Chocolate Square Fudge
- 200 grams dark chocolate, chopped
- 200 grams butter, softened
- 250 grams sugar
- 50 grams cocoa
- 50 grams ground almonds
- 50 grams baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 eggs
- 50 grams walnuts, broken into pieces
- 100 grams softened butter
- 200 grams icing sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa
- 50 grams walnuts, broken or chopped
- 2 tbsp milk
- Heat oven to 180AsC fan.
- Grease and base line a 20 x 30cm brownie tin with baking paper.
- Put the chocolate and butter into a bowl over a pan of hot but not boiling water and stir until smooth and melted.
- Set aside to cool.
- Mix together the flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- Pour the chocolate mixture, mixing well until blended.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Fold in walnuts, mixing only until combined.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until firm and done.
- To make the icing, put the butter into a bowl over a pan of hot water over low heat.
- Stir in the cocoa, add the icing sugar and milk, stir well.
- Pour and spread over the top of the cake.
- Scatter and lightly press the walnuts on top.
- Let it set.
- Remove carefully from the tin then cut into squares.
- Its perfect with ice cream as a dessert!