Amy's Favorite Chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 12 bell pepper, chopped
- 12 cup sliced mushrooms
- 14 cup prosciutto or 14 cup bacon, diced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of onion soup
- 14 cup white wine or 14 cup chicken broth
- Pound the chicken breast to even thickness.
- Heat olive oil in a large deep skillet.
- Season breasts as preferred and then brown.
- Remove breasts, set aside.
- Add more oil if needed, then saute all veggies for about 5 minutes If using bacon, add that too, it takes longer to cook than the prosciutto.
- After 5 minutes add the diced prosciutto and garlic.
- Saute for another minute or 2.
- Add cream soup and wine, stir until well combined.
- Return chicken to pan, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- I usually turn the chicken once.
- You can season sauce further if needed.
- I think that it only needs a little fresh ground pepper to top it off.
- This goes great with long grain and wild rice.