Apricots With Anisette And Fennel
- 3 pounds apricots fresh
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup anisette
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 each fennel bulb 6 inch sprigs fresh, green or bronze
- Prepare jars, lids and boiling water bath.
- Wash and dry the apricots, then prick each one several times.
- Combine the water, anisette and sugar in a pan and cook over a med-high heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture boils and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the apricots and simmer for 3 mins.
- Fill each hot dry jar with the fruit and two fennel springs, leaving 1/2 inch headspace.
- Pour hot liquid over the fruit until just covered.
- Wipe the rims with a clean towel and attach the lids securely.
- Place the jars in boiling water bath, and when the water returns to boil, process for 25 mins.