Aloo Gobi Ala Arty Chokes
- 3 potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 chili pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tomatoes
- 34 cup plain yogurt (or soy yogurt)
- 14 cup soymilk (or cream)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Start with a large boiling pot of water.
- Peel and cube potatoes, put into boiling water.
- Break up head of cauliflower and place in pot with potatoes.
- cut up 1 tbsp ginger, onion, 1 chili pepper, 2 cloves of garlic.
- when the potatoes are ready (you should be able to easily stick a fork in them and have them fall of the fork) strain and put aside.
- heat 2 tbsp of oil and 2 tbsp of butter or earth balance + some salt in a big pan/wok (the oil keeps the butter from burning).
- this may seem like a lot of fat but keep in mind this makes a lot of food.
- once heated add onion,garlic,ginger,chili pepper sprinkle salt over top.
- this helps sweat the onions.
- add 1 diced tomato, 3/4 cup of plain soy yogurt (or yogurt).
- and 1/4 cup of soy milk (or cream).
- add potatoes and califlower in with the mixture.
- add 1 tbsp of turmeric, 1 tbsp groun cumin, 1 tbsp ground coriander, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tsp of salt, stir in spices.
- by now the mix should be yellow in color and fairly thick.
- add 1/2 cup of frozen peas.
- chop cilantro and add to mixture.
- add lemon juice and serve!