Al Lewis' Spinach Fettuccine With Crab Sauce
- 1 lb spinach fettuccine, fresh
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 medium shallots, chopped
- 8 ounces crabmeat, chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 fresh tomatoes, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 12 cup chablis
- dried parsley, for garnish
- parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of lightly salted, rapidly boiling water for 3 to 6 minutes and drain.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over moderate heat.
- Add the shallots and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes more.
- Divide the pasta among bowls and pour the sauce over it.
- Garnish with parsley and cheese.