Andy's Skillet Supper Recipe
- 1 lb Chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp. Canola oil
- 1 med Onion minced
- 2 tsp Chili pwdr
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano leaves crushed
- 1/2 c. Chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. V8 juice
- 19 ounce Canned kidney beans
- Preparation time = 30 min Chicken breasts should be skinned and boned.
- Any suitable oil can be substituted for canola oil.
- Chicken broth may be purchased as instant and mixed with water.
- V8 juice is a brandname vegetable juice.
- Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch pcs.
- In warm oil, cook chicken, onion, chili pwdr, cumin and oregano till the chicken turns white.
- Stir in broth and juice, heat till boiling, then reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10 min.
- Dump in beans, liquid and all, stir, cover and simmer for another 10 min.
- Stir occasionally.
- Serve over rice.