Asian Millet Salad
- 2 cups millet cooked
- 10 ounces tofu diced
- 6 tablespoons mirin (sweet seasoning)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce, tamari
- 3/4 cup snow pea pods chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rice vinegar or cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup green peas frozen, thawed
- 1 each garlic cloves minced
- 8 ounces water chestnuts can sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup scallions, spring or green onions chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the millet, tofu, snow peas, peas, water chestnuts, and scallion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the mirin, soy sauce, venegar, garlic, and sugar.
- Pour over the salad and toss to combine.
- Let salad chill for a while to let the flavors blend before serving allowing the tofu to absorb the flavors of the dressing.
- Top with scallions and serve.