Almond Joy Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 12 cups white sugar
- 1 12 cups brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 cups sweetened coconut
- 2 cups almonds, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets, or I use parchment paper to line them.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream the butter and both sugars in a large bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Stir in dry mixture until well incorporated.
- Stir in nuts, chocolate chips, and coconut.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool on sheet for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack.
- I add them to my Christmas cookie tray almost every year.