Allbran Fruit Loaf Recipe
- 1 c. Lowfat milk
- 1 c. Dry mixed fruit
- 1 c. Sugar
- 1 c. All-bran
- 1 c. Flour
- Soak first four ingredients together for at least 1 hour.
- Mix the flour in well, and put into a greased lined loaf tin and bake for approximately 1 hour at 180C (GM4 375F).
- The cake is delicious, and served in slices with a little margarine on.
- If you wrap it in foil and keep for a few days (if it lasts which long) the flavour gets even better.
- The all-bran is available in the UK as Kellogg's AllBran.
- It's sort of little sticks of high-fibre bran stuff.
- If you cannot get it in the US, I do not know what the equivalent is
- (not having been to the US myself).
- [You should come visit!
- All Bran sounds like a variety of breakfast cereal, yes - SdS]
- Curtis) On rec.food.recipes or possibly rec.food.cooking