Amaretto Chocolate Kisses
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 cup grated chocolate
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 14 cups crushed macaroons (amaretti cookies)
- 12 cup chopped blanched almond
- 14 cup unsweetened cocoa powder or 14 cup icing sugar
- In the top of a double boiler, combine the chocolate, butter, sugar, coffee and water.
- Place over low heat and simmer until all melted and combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Add amaretto, cookie crumbs, and almonds.
- Chill dough, until firm enough to handle.
- Make small balls.
- Roll in powdered sugar, or sifted cocoa.
- Place in airtight container and store in the fridge.
- Keeps up to a month.
- Should make 24 cookies.