Almond Snow Fruit Boats Recipe
- 4 x Apple, unpeeled, thin sliced
- 3 x Banana, peeled, thin sliced
- 3 x Pear, unpeeled, thin sliced
- 2 x Pineapple, fresh (with tops)
- 2 x Strawberry, halved, -tops
- 1 1/2 lb Grape, halved, seeded
- 1 pt Kumquat
- 1 1/2 c. Whipping cream
- 1 1/2 c. Powdered sugar, sifted
- 4 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 tsp Almond extract
- 2 quart Ice, finely crushed
- 3/4 c. Almonds, toasted & slivered
- 3/4 c. Fresh orange juice
- 1/4 c. Kirsch
- Sprinkle bananas, apples and pears with fresh lemon juice.
- Cut pineapples in half.
- Using curved serrated knife, hollow out pineapple halves, leaving 1/2" shell (reserve shells and all juice).
- Throw away core.
- Cut pineapple into 1/4" cubes.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Add in sliced fruit* and toss lightly.
- Cover and chill up to 2 hrs.
- For ice cream: Blend cream, powdered sugar and extracts in large bowl.
- Gradually mix in ice (or possibly fresh clean snow) till mix is consistency of ice cream.
- Mix in nuts.
- Add in reserved pineapple juice to fruit.
- Blend in orange juice and kirsch.
- Spoon fruit into pineapple shells.
- Top with ice cream.
- Serve immediately.
- *Can substitute any fresh seasonal fruit and combination of purple and green grapes and red and green apples.