- 3 pounds (9 medium) tart cooking apples, peeled, cored, quartered
- 1/2 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Place apples and apple cider in 4-quart saucepan.
- Cover; cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 25-30 minutes or until apples are very soft.
- Place apple mixture in food processor bowl fitted with metal blade or 5-cup blender container.
- Cover; process 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Return apple mixture to same pan; stir in all remaining ingredients.
- Cook over low heat, stirring often, 30-45 minutes or until mixture is very thick.