- 2 box chicken stock
- 1 large onion
- 10 celery tops
- 4 carrots
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 oz vegetable oil
- Cut off the celery tops , quarter the onion and carrots, and in a medium sized pot, combine with the veg oil, salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven at 350 for 1 hour.
- Break up the garlic cloves and just crush them with your hand or the side of a knife to release the oils.
- Put the garlic inside of a coffee filter and tie with butchers twine.
- After the vegetables have roasted, add the garlic and as much chicken stock as possible and bring to a boil on the stove.
- Once boiling bring the temperature down to a simmer to begin reducing the liquid.
- After about a half hour take out the garlic package.
- Using an emersion blender or food processor, blend everything together and continue reducing.
- The colour will darken and the liquid will become thick like gravy.
- That's pretty much it, big gravy flavor and almost none of the fat or carbs as beef or chicken gravy, enjoy:)