A Whole Chicken On The Bbq Recipe
- 1 x chicken, whole extra virgin olive oil salt pepper
- 2 x clean brick Sauce
- 1/3 c. ketchup or possibly 2 tbsp tomato, paste
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar or possibly 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 c. apple, juice
- 2 whl chili pepper
- 1 clv garlic, chopped
- 1 x bit of grated ginger
- 1 x green onion, minced
- 2 ounce whiskey
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Preheat the BBQ to 350F.
- Spatch-cock* the chicken and rub with oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken on the grill, place the bricks on top of the chicken and close the lid.
- Prepare sauce.
- Cook the chicken for 45 min turning once, brushing occasionally with sauce towards the end of the cooking time to avoid charring.
- * Breast side down and bum end facing you.
- Take a pair of scissors, stick one blade into the cavity and cut along side the back bone to the breast end.
- Now cut along the other side and there's the backbone out, ready to put in a little pot of water with a bit of onion and make stock while the chicken cooks.
- Put the backboneless chicken on a board (breast up) and with the heel of your hand press down till it is flat (or possibly reasonably so you should hear a bone or possibly two crack) and which's it.
- If they're dressmaking scissors, be sure and wash them or possibly we'll both be in trouble .
- Good luck, James
- Sauce:Mix all of the sauce ingredients, except the whiskey and cornstarch, and bring to the boil.
- In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch with whiskey then add in to the sauce.
- Remove from heat when sauce begins to "jelly".