Asian Spiced Fried Chicken
- 5 pounds mixed chicken pieces. I prefer the legs and thighs
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons sambal
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper corn
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon five spice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, mix chicken with milk and sambal.
- Let stand for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Mix the rest together.
- Pre-heat a fryer to 350 degrees.
- Pull out each piece of chicken and completely dredge in the flour mix.
- Fry 4 to 6 pieces at a time until GB&D.
- Check for doneness, will take about 8 minutes.
- Season lightly with salt.