(Almost) Chicken Parmesan Burger
- 1 teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 whole Sweet Onion, Diced (small Sized Onion)
- 1 whole Red Pepper, Diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 pounds Ground Chicken Or Turkey
- 1/2 teaspoons Salt
- 1/4 teaspoons Black Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
- 8 slices Texas Toast
- 4 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup Marinara, Prepared
- 4 leaves Basil (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and pepper and cook until just soft.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute and turn off heat.
- Allow to cool enough to handle.
- In a large bowl, combine ground chicken, onion mixture, salt, pepper and Italian seasoning by hand.
- Form into patties.
- Preheat grill to medium heat level.
- Place burgers on grill and cook about 8 minutes per side, making sure internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- While burgers are cooking, toast bread on grill if desired and warm marinara.
- Just before removing burgers from grill, add a slice of mozzarella cheese to each patty and close the cover, just to melt the cheese (about 1 minute).
- Serve burgers on toasted bread and top with warmed marinara.
- Top with fresh basil if desired.