- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 12 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 12 cups flour
- 12 teaspoon salt
- 12 teaspoon nutmeg
- 12 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 14 cup finely chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- Cream together brown sugar and shortening.
- Beat in egg.
- Sift together dry ingredients and gradually beat into to mixture.
- Beat until well blended.
- Stir in apples by hand.
- Stir in the nuts, if using them.
- Drop by tbsps on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10- 12 minutes or until just lightly brown at edges.