- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 6 teaspoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 12 cups boiling water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 12 cup warm water
- 12 cup molasses
- 14 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cups flour
- Lightly grease two ovenproof bowls.
- Coat easch with 2tsp cornmeal, shake out excess.
- In separate bowl stir 1cup cornmeal and salt into boiled water.
- Let stand 10-15 minutes or until thick and lukewarm.
- In a large bowl sprinkle yeast over warm water, let rest 10min.
- Stir in molasses, oil and the cornmeal mixture.
- Beat in 5 cups flour with a mixer.
- Add 1cup with spoon.
- Divide batter into prepared bowls.
- Sprinkle tops with 2tsp cornmeal.
- Let rise uncovered 1hour 15min.
- or til doubled.
- Bake loaves 55-60 min at 375*.