Amazing Chewy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cup quick-cook oats
- Put raisins in microwave safe bowl, cover with water.
- Microwave for 5 minutes.
- Let soak for about 5 minutes more, then strain.
- Set aside.
- Add sugar and brown sugar to large bowl.
- Add softened butter (or margarine or vegan alternative) and mix with mixer until consistent texture.
- Add eggs, vanilla, and almond extracts to wet mix, blend until smooth.
- Sift or mix together flour, baking soda, coarse sea salt, and cinnamon.
- Add to wet ingredients and hand mix until consistent texture.
- Add oats and strained raisins, and mix thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- Set oven to 375 F. Grease baking sheet.
- Scoop into tablespoon sizes and place 1.5-2" apart on sheet.
- Press in crossing pattern with fork.
- Sprinkle with sugar if you'd like.
- :) Bake for 10 minutes.
- Let them set for at least two minutes (I know it's hard!).
- Whether you eat them hot, warm, or room temperature, they'll still be chewy!