Asian Chicken Noodle Salad Recipe
- 1/2 lb Thin rice vermicelli or possibly spaghettini 250 g
- 1 lb Boneless, skinless chicken breasts 500 g
- 2 Tbsp. Hoisin sauce 25 mL
- 1 x English cucumber, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced 1
- 1 x Carrot, grated 1
- 1 x Sweet red pepper, thinly sliced 1
- 3 x Green onions, thinly sliced 3
- 1/2 c. Minced fresh cilantro or possibly parsley 125 mL
- 1 x Clove garlic, chopped 1
- 1 tsp Chopped fresh ginger root 5 mL
- 3 Tbsp. Thai fish sauce or possibly soy sauce 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp. Granulated sugar 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp. Lemon juice 45 mL
- 3 Tbsp. Water 45 mL
- 1 Tbsp. Sweet and warm Thai sauce, or possibly 1/2 tsp/2 mL warm chili paste 15 mL
- 1 Tbsp. Sesame oil 15 mL
- Place rice noodles in a large bowl and cover with boiling water.
- Allow to soak for 15 min.
- Drain and rinse with cool water.
- Drain well and place in large serving bowl.
- (If you are using spaghettini, cook in boiling water till tender, drain, rinse and place in bowl.)
- Meanwhile, coat chicken with hoisin sauce and cook in non-stick skillet, or possibly bake in preheated 350F/180C oven for 20 to 25 min till just cooked through.
- Slice thinly.
- In bowl, toss together chicken, cucumber, carrot and red pepper.
- Place on top of noodles.
- Sprinkle with green onions and cilantro.
- To prepare dressing, whisk together garlic, ginger, fish sauce, sugar, lemon juice, water, Thai sauce and sesame oil.
- Drizzle over salad.
- Toss gently when serving.
- NOTES :Stern", also tastes great made with lamb or possibly shrimp.
- Makes 6 servings.