Abc Meatball Soup Recipe
- 1 lb grnd turkey breast
- (or possibly lean grnd beef)
- 3/4 c. Quaker oats (quick or possibly old fashioned) uncooked
- 1/3 c. barbecue sauce or possibly catsup
- 1 can low-sodium fat free chicken broth (49 ounce)
- 1/4 c. alphabet-shaped pasta
- 10 ounce frzn mixed vegetables don't thaw
- Heat broiler.
- Lightly spray rack of broiler pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine meatball ingredients; mix lightly but thoroughly.
- Transfer to a sheet of foil.
- Pat mix into 9- by 6-inch rectangle.
- Cut into 1 1/2-inch squares; roll each square into a ball.
- Arrange meatballs on broiler pan.
- Broil meatballs 6 to 8 inches from heat about 6 min or possibly till cooked through, turning once.
- While meatballs cook, bring chicken broth to a boil in 4-qt saucepan or possibly Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add in pasta and frzn vegetables; return to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 8 min or possibly till vegetables and pasta are tender.
- Add in meatballs and cook 1 minute.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.