A.1. Sweet Mesquite Rubbed Beer Can Chicken
- 1/4 cup A.1. Dry Rub Sweet Mesquite BBQ
- 1 whole chicken (3-1/2 lb.) Whole Foods 1 lb For $3.99 thru 02/09
- 1 can (12 oz.) beer
- Heat grill for indirect grilling: Light one side of grill, leaving other side unlit.
- Close lid; heat grill to 375 degrees F.
- Sprinkle rub seasoning over chicken; rub onto chicken.
- Open beer can; discard half the beer.
- Place can on work surface; lower chicken over can, inserting can into tail end of chicken.
- Stand chicken on grate over unlit area, using the legs to help the chicken stand upright; cover.
- (Can should remain in chicken on grill.)
- Grill chicken 1 hour 15 min.
- or until chicken is done (165 degrees F), monitoring for consistent grill temperature.
- Remove from grill; cover loosely with foil.
- Let stand 10 min.
- before removing chicken from can and carving chicken.
- Discard any beer remaining in can.