Apricot Lite Jam
- 2 cups apricots, dried
- 360 ml pineapple, canned, crushed drained
- 1 each oranges peeled, seeded, chopped
- 1 x lemon juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- Cover apricots with cold water and let soak overnight.
- Simmer apricots in soaking water, uncovered, until tender.
- Mash with a potato masher or in a food processor.
- Add pineapple, orange, lemon juice, and sugar to apricot mixture.
- Simmer until sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently; then cook over high heat until thick, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Skim off foam.
- Pour into hot jars, leaving 1/4 inch (6mm) head space.
- Adjust caps.
- Process 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Yield: 6 half pints (1440 mL)