Albondigas De Ternera Con Salsa De Tomate Recipe
- 4 ounce lean veal diced
- 2 ounce ham minced
- 2 ounce salted tocino or possibly smoked bacon minced
- 1 pch salt
- 1 pch pepper
- 1 pch nutmeg
- 2 x Large eggs*
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 c. fine dry breadcrumbs (opt.)
- 1 c. extra virgin olive oil fresh tomato sauce (see following recipe)
- Place the meats with seasonings in a food processor and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add in 1 egg and process briefly, then form into small balls and coat lightly with flour.
- Dip into beaten egg and roll in breadcrumbs, if used.
- Fry in the oil till golden and cooked through.
- Heat the tomato sauce, add in the meatballs and serve.
- NOTES :*Only one egg is needed if the meatballs are not to be coated with crumbs.
- Title in English: Veal Meatballs in Tomato Sauce