Apricot Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- 2/3 c. Butter
- 2/3 c. Brown sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon zest
- 1 x Egg
- 1 c. Very ripe banana pulp
- 1/2 c. Apricot butter (or possibly jam)
- 1 3/4 c. White flour
- 2 1/4 tsp Baking pwdr
- 1/2 c. Minced walnuts
- A while ago, I added apricot butter to my usual banana nut bread.
- I also used apricot jam - the chunks of apricot in the jam added a nice texture.
- The results were great!
- Best to have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add in egg, lemon zest, banana and apricot butter.
- Sift flour and baking pwdr together.
- Fold flour mix gradually into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into a bread pan, and bake for about 1 hour at 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Apricot butter also makes a nice glaze for pork roast or possibly ham.