Apple Snack Cake
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 14 cups boiling water
- 1 cup quick oats or 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 34 cups all-purpose flour
- 34 cup granulated sugar
- 34 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 cup wheat germ, any flavor
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 12 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- 2 cups peeled chopped apples
- 13 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 13- by 9-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine boiling water and oats; set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, wheat germ, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and nuts; mix well.
- Add apples, oil, egg, egg whites and vanilla to oat mixture; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until moistened.
- Pout into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on wire rack.