Apple and Spice Baked French Toast
- 1 lb loaf French bread, unsliced or 1 lb Italian bread
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 3 12 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 8 12 cups apples, sliced and peeled
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Slice bread 1 1/2" thick and arrange in 13X9 dish.
- Beat together eggs, 1/2 c sugar, milk, and vanilla/ Pour half of this over the bread.
- Arrange the sliced apples over the bread to cover.
- Pour the rest of the egg mix over the apples.
- Mix together the remaining sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg--sprinkle over the apples and dot with butter.
- Let chill overnight.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.