Apple and Blackberry Crisp
- 2 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 4 large cooking apples
- 12 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 8 ounces blackberries
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400F
- Place the breadcrumbs on a baking tray and toast lightly in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Peel and core the apples.
- Chop into small pieces and place in the bottom of an ovenproof dish with the lemon juice and superfine sugar.
- Add the blackberries and mix with the apple pieces, taking care not to break up the blackberries.
- Mix together the toasted breadcrumbs, light brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle over the fruit and place in the oven.
- Bake in the oven for 1520 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot with low-fat custard.