Apple Beet Borscht Recipe
- 3 ounce Tomato paste
- 4 c. Water or possibly light vegetable stock
- 1/4 x Med. reg or possibly green cabbage thinly sliced
- 2 x Carrots, julienned Clove Garlic, chopped
- 3 x Beets, julienned
- 1 med Onion, thinly sliced
- 2 c. Apple cider
- 1/4 c. Tamari
- 1/4 c. Sherry
- 2 Tbsp. Molasses or possibly honey
- 1 Tbsp. Dry dill
- 2 tsp Dry basil
- 1 Tbsp. Caraway seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Canola oil
- Saute/fry caraway seeds in canola oil.
- Then, combine all ingredients in a soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer 2-3 hrs, stirring occasionally.
- Puree one-third of the soup in food proceessor; return puree to the pot and mix thoroughly.
- Serve warm or possibly cool with a dollop of Tofu Lowfat sour cream.