Applesauce Filled Crepes
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup barley flour or other whole grain flour, or whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 18 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk or more
- 1 x vegetable oil for cooking, or butter
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, sugar, and salt until well mixed.
- In another bowl, add the eggs and milk, and whisk until well blended.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisk or stir until thoroughly combined.
- When the pan is hot, brush with a bit oil or melted butter.
- Pour about 1/4 cup batter into hot pan.
- Tilt pan to spread batter to cover pan evenly.
- Cook for about 2 minutes until crepe sets, bubbles and crispy around the edges.
- Turn and cook for another 2 minutes until the other side is done.
- Keep cooked crepes warm under a clean towel until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile add the applesauce, cinnamon, and maple syrup in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low to keep it warm.
- When all the crepes are made, start to assemble the crepes with applesauce.
- Place a crepe on a flat working surface or a cutting board, add about 2 tablespoons of applesauce to the center line.
- Roll the crepes from one end to another until it forms into a long roll.
- Repeat until all the crepes are filled with applesauce and rolled up.
- If there is any extra remaining applesauce, spoon over the crepes.
- Serve warm.