Angel Hair Pasta with Tuna and Tomato Sauce
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno chili
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 drained canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup bottled clam juice
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed dried red pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 6- to 8-ounce tuna steaks
- 12 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Additional chopped fresh cilantro
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add both bell peppers, jalapeno and minced garlic; saute until peppers are almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, clam juice, 1/3 cup cilantro, wine, water, lemon juice and dried red pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until flavors blend, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix flour and garlic powder in shallow bowl.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper.
- Coat with flour mixture, shaking off excess.
- Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon oil in another heavy large skillet over high heat.
- Add tuna to skillet and saute until just opaque on the outside, about 2 minutes per side.
- Bring sauce to simmer over medium heat.
- Add tuna; cook until opaque in center, about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite.
- Drain pasta.
- Divide among 4 plates.
- Place tuna atop pasta.
- Spoon sauce over.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan and cilantro and serve.