Arugula Salad with Carrot and Yellow Pepper
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 10 cups loosely packed bite-size pieces of leaf lettuce, rinsed and spun dry
- 3 cups arugula, course stems discarded and the leaves rinsed and spun dry
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup julienne strips of yellow bell pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar and salt and black pepper to taste, add the oil in a stream, whisking, and whisk the dressing until it is emulsified.
- In a large bowl combine the lettuce, the arugula, the carrot, and the bell pepper, drizzle the dressing over the salad, and toss the salad until it is combined well.