Almost Grandma's Sausage and Peppers
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds hot italian sausages 12 sausages, 2 per person
- 1 medium onions thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 each sweet red bell peppers seeded & sliced
- 1 each green bell peppers seeded and diced
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup white wine dry
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 x salt
- 1 x white pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the sausages and cook until browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove most of the fat then add the onions, garlic, green pepper, red bell pepper, tomato paste, wine (or apple juice), fennel seeds and salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook for 25 minutes.
- This can easily be scaled down to feed 2, just cook up less sausage.